The Allana College of Pharmacy was established in 1996 by the M.C.E. Society with a sole objective of providing professional education related to health care. The college’s excellent spacious infrastructure would not have been possible without the generous donation of Late Mr. Abdul Razzak Allana and Late Mr. Hussain Allana, and is dedicated to their parents, Late Haji J. H. A. Allana and Late Mrs. A. H. J. Allana The college is situated in the city’s centre, at 2 km from Swargate Bus Stand, 3 km from Pune Railway Station and 12 km from Pune Airport. The college is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, Recognized by the Govt. of Maharashtra, Approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi, has been Permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune and is now the Constituent College of Dr. P.A. Inamdar University, Pune. The college is offering 4 years B. Pharmacy, with Sanctioned Intake 60 Students/ year 2 years M.Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance branches) with Sanctioned Intake 15 Students/Specialization and is a Ph.D. Research Center in Pharmacy.
- Ø Qualified and experienced faculty.
- Ø Personal attention and mentoring of the students with special focus on the weak learners.
- Ø Outcome based teaching adopting various pedagogical approaches
- Ø Emphasis on the holistic development of the students
- Ø Well-equipped laboratories with sophisticated instruments.
- Ø Various funding agencies have awarded faculty members research grants totaling approximately 96 lakhs.
- Ø Faculty members have authored books, presented research papers at conferences, and published over 300 peer-reviewed research papers.
- ØSo far, nine Indian patents have been published, and the Indian Patent Office has granted 02 Patent
- Ø Added 17000 volume books and 5000 title subscriptions to national and international journals to the library.
- Ø Strong alumni association that assists students with internships and placements
- Ø Alumni hold key positions in government and private organisations, the few have choosen to pursue entrepreneurship both in India and abroad.
- Ø To facilitate research activities, Memorandum of Understanding (05) have been signed with professional organizations:
- ü TavSus Skills (OPC) Private Limited (PRAYAS), Pune
- ü OpEx Accelerator Private Limited, Kolhapur.
- ü Patlex Business Solutions, Pune.
- ü Influx Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Palghar.
- ü Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Pune